Thursday, December 06, 2007

Just some pondering

Over a couple of days, between feeds, nappy changes and the general motherhood-things that we do each day, I was thinking about my fabric stash and how it wasn't really meeting my needs.

My stash is mostly built on fabrics that I liked; were (mostly) on sale; and I had a plan for - mainly clothes for me and the kids. But with more and more invites to birthday parties and the like I am beginning to think that my stash needs a little more substance suitable for gifting.

Shopping is one activity that I don't really enjoy and I would much rather whip up a little handmade creation then spend the same amount of time and energy going to the shops and choosing a present.

So I need to remember to stock up on canvas for aprons (placemats, tea towels, bags), muslin and flannelette (wraps, jammie pants), cute prints (everything from hats, baby overalls, shirred tops and knitting needle/crochet hook/pencil rolls) plus everything else that I forgot and can't think of at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like the sort of shopping I like Marie!!
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as though you have a plan there Marie - I am going to take a leaf out of our book and after Christmas I am going to cut out a pile of clothes that I can whip up when I have some time (between breast feeds and nappy changes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am with Kylie, you do soulnd organised Marie, I am not buying anymore fabric until I make a dent in the stuff I have. I was so proud that I used old Christmas fabric (that I didn't really like) and didn't buy new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, stash shopping Marie, that's my idea of heaven! You sound very organised and like you have a plan in place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.