First I made myself a blouse. It is from my Burda WOF - there are a few different options to make the top different. You can have flouncey sleeves or little cap sleeves. You can have a collar or have a reverse facing. I used a red rayon/polyester that I found on clearance. It has a nice sheen and I just wanted to test the pattern.
Summer has arrived early, so I whipped up some shorts for Scott. I used my old faithful Kwik Sew shorts and added an extension to make a mock fly and Ottobre patch pockets.
I started this a while back when it was actually cold. We like to snuggle under blankets and watch TV and I thought it would be nice to have something other than the plain blue ones that we have in the cupboard. Jalisa wanted rainbow colours, so I hand dyed the fabrics. The recipe I used made vivid colours, so you kinda need sunglasses when looking at it. Yes, the panels are meant to be uneven. The idea seemed good in my head...
I probably broke a heap of quilting "rules." See, I don't like quilting. Dyeing the fabric, yes. Cutting the fabric, yes. Piecing the fabric, yes. Binding, yes. Laying layers on top of each other, egh. Quilting, yuck. Even just straight lines I am really bad at doing. I also only used, shock horror, polar fleece as a backing and no wadding. I ended up dyeing too much fabric in FQs so not enough for my "quilt" and the backings. Whatever.
It is a really windy day, so this was the best photo I could grab...it is not that uneven. :)