Thursday, March 08, 2007

Finally...

I felt good enough to do some sewing for me. Yesterday I decided to alter some Kwik Sew patterns into maternity using the instructions from Rostitchery (scroll down a fair bit) - I did also add 1 inch all the way around as I did not want my waistbands showing.

Pattern is KS2856 view A- basically a raglan sleeve top with a large foldover collar. I used a rayon/elastane knit - originally I was thinking I might be able to get a short dress out of the 2m length, but after the maternity alterations I thought there is no way there would be enough fabric.
This is the skirt I made the other day - same pattern as the last skirt I made. I just used a micro-model knit this time. A modelling shot would be better, but I keep forgetting to line DH up.


3 comments:

  1. Both skirts look great - and importantly, comfy. I love the printed material

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie they look great. Well done on the adjustments for maternity wear, heaps cheaper if you can make stuff yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Marie, they both look great - but I especially love the top, the fabric is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.