Monday, May 28, 2007

Dress Up fun

Our playgroup is having a dress up theme at the moment, this week it is Prince/Princess. I thought it would be a cute idea to make some crowns, but I ended up using more fabric than I bought, so I added some tulle skirts to make up the numbers.

The crown pattern is from Ottobre 1/2007. The kids will be embellishing them today, but the magazine has you add beads and sequins - so adorable. I plan to take my snap press to get accurate head sizes. This Ottobre also has the tulle skirt pattern, but I did not look at it when I was making the skirt.

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic! The kids will love them!!!
    Ottobre ROCKS my day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and sparkly - the kids will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great Marie, what a super effort from you! I hope the kids and other mums loved them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these look fabulous. You can come and organise craft at my playgroup anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantasic idea - Glad taht they were a hit Marie. What a grovy bunch of kids at playgroup you will have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, they look great and what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I would never have thought of fabric crowns, what a great idea!!! I'm sure the kids will love decorating them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, these crowns look fantastic! Come in an adult size too?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea, the snaps are a good idea too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.