Monday, August 27, 2007

Vintage linen dress

This fabric was a recent op shop find. I managed to get a bias cut skirt and a dress for Jalisa out of the 3m piece (though the skirt is sitting half finished in my WIP box).

I used my own basic bodice pattern. The skirt is between 2.5 and 3 times the bodice width - which makes it quite heavy and hard to gather, but the results look lovely. I added elastic to the straps so it can be slipped on. The photo is not the best - there must have been some dust on the lens, but since I have only 3 weeks til bub comes, I could not be bothered to organise to reshoot some photo (and have to drag Jalisa away from here new cubby.


  1. Love the print on that dress. You've done a lovely job of it.

  2. Marie the dress is beautiful and I love the fabric

  3. Oh Marie, that is such a pretty dress, the fabric and the cut is just adorable! Well done drafting it on your own too, I also love the idea of the elasticised straps. You are very clever!

  4. I love the dress Marie, the fabric is just perfect for it.


Thanks - I love receiving comments.