Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bellville Sassoon gown

I finally have finished something to post about - one of my entries for the show. The pattern is Vogue 1031, a Bellville Sassoon design. It was chosen based on the look of the finished product as well as it's difficulty (rated advanced). I also thought that the design would work well in a cotton based fabric, which is a requirement for entering in the competition.

I have used a red cotton poplin. I can't remember if it has a touch of elastane in it as well. Here is the front:

The back ( couldn't check my rear view, so pleats are a little weird)

The side
From reading the instructions, I wasn't sure exactly why it was given an advanced rating but after completing it, I now know. Each piece looks like a squiggle, it is very hard to tell each piece from the next and look at all the pleating. It comes together beautifully, it is just time consuming.
If I get into the state finals, I am going to have a beaded hairclip and necklace made up.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutley stunning Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very swish! Now you'll just need to find somewhere to wear it! Good luck with the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Marie! The dress is absoloutly stunning! Goodluck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie - this is just stunning.

    Good luck in the show.

    Love the dress and the colour - will have to remember this pattern when I need a dress for a swish occassion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely dress, and in my favourite colour red, I just read your post over at Crafty Mamas and wanted to see the actual dress.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.