First up, some PJs for Jalisa. I shortened a leggings pattern for the bottoms and used a singlet pattern for the top. Orange fabric hand dyed by me. I used picot elastic just on the neckline edge, I was too lazy to do it for the armholes as well.
I have wanted to create a skort pattern for Jalisa for ages now, and being on holidays has given me plenty of time for tracing new patterns. My inspiration came from a Mini Metalicus knit skirt – basically a yoke and a little gathered skirt. Attach some bike pants and it should be good. Well, the trial came out alright, but I did not like gathering the knit skirt.
Here is version number 1 in some hand dyed knit.
No more flashing!
I redid the skirt, flared it out. The skirt is probably ¾ of a circle in total. This looks better and is much easier to attach (no gathering). To do the skorts, I traced off some bike pant-length shorts from a leggings pattern and reduced the crotch depth by the yoke amount (but adding on seam allowances. When sewing, make a sandwich of the bike pants, skirt section and yoke and overlock it all together (having already sewn the pants and skirt seams/hems etc). Then do the waistband and ta-da. Modest girly wear.
I bought some plain white undies to dye using the LWI (low water immersion) method.
I found a white bonds skivvy and dyed if for next year's PJs. Jalisa wanted and rainbow. I am no Sara from Willow and Moo so this is what I came up with. Don't ask about my other attempt.
The other pattern I have been wanted to make is a tennis-type dress. Basically a singlet with a attached flared skirt. The first one is going to be a nightie seeing as the drop waist is too dropped. Fabric is dyed by me, a poor attempt at graduation dyeing.
This is my second version. I raised the waist seam by 4cm but I think it is still a little too dropped. Anyway, the top is a little loose, so it may look better next year. If I make it again, I will make the skirt part shorter too I think. I dyeing (dip dyeing) turned out alright I think.
At Christmas we are staying with my PIL’s at a beachfront unit rather than camping, so I needed some modest PJs…somehow my slip from last year wasn’t going to cut it and I need a cup of tea before I do anything else. the material is the same as the robe I made myself last year.The pattern for the boxers is traced from the Kwik Sew book (for adults) – shortening the pants pattern. I have already trimming the waist down on the pattern for next time – the pattern is pretty old and high waisted is not my thing. My coverstitcher was being silly, so the top was downgraded to pajama wear.