Pattern: Kwik Sew 1381 neckline, KS 742 everything else. Basically I wanted a tried and tested jumper but with a thicker, cross over v-neck.
Fabric: a red poly rayon blend knit. Lovely colour but lousy to sew. Luckily it feels lovely to wear, even if it was painful to sew.
Tee was my tried and true tee pattern, but I tried a sway back adjustment as per lovely Sherry's directions. Unfortunately this did not solve the puddling issue in my lower back, so I won't worry about that in the future.
It seems like an age since I made something for my daughter, just because. I have all this fabric sitting around so I decided to use it to make some shorts, shirts and dresses for my darling. Here is the tester pair of shorts and peasant top.
The peasant top is Ottobre's Singoalla blouse (#16 from issue 1/2007). I did not shirr as high as Ottobre did, because I was concerned it would not fit and Jalisa was at school at the time. I think any others I will not add the elastic thread at the bottom, and actually add a little more to give it a proper hem and not just a rolled hem from the overlocker.
The shorts are the Ottobre Bert shorts (#23 from 3/2009). I have seen lots of blog with the women wearing short shorts and I thought it would be a much cuter look on her than me. Not a great snap of the pants. I think I will go down the next size in the width, as they are a little baggy on her. I used size 110 for the width with 116 for the length, but I think it needs to be the 104 width still (see, I have almost completed a dress and I used a 104 width and I think it was pushing it, but it may have been just that pattern. She is still wearing 98 width tees fine).
I have some small cuts of lime green and powder blue to use. I really have a lot of work since I have bought 25m of fabric in the last couple of weeks. I can barely resist a bargain, especially when I am encouraged by my husband.