Inspired by Joanne from Stitch and Witter, I too have made myself a croquis. The Colette sewing handbook has you trace a photo of yourself, but I decided to play around with with some programs I have on my computer to get a similar result. Here is me in all my pear shaped goodness.
- Take photo against plain background in tight fitting clothing
- Open photo in Picasso 3
- Crop photo (Basic fixes)
- Chose B&W in Effects
- Open in Paint.net
- Select pencil sketch in Artistic (in Effects tab)
- Play around with the pencil width - I chose 2
- Select the Paint bucket and colour black
- Invert colours under Adjustments tab
Or instead of steps 9 and 10, open in Paint and clean up with the eraser.
I could have cleaned it up some more, but I am pretty happy with the results.
Now I think I will ponder my wonky body. No more denial.