Ah, spring time. I love it when the sun starts to shine and it starts to feel like Summer should be. Oh course, where I live, it is always stinking hot in the Summer and not the most enjoyable season. So I will enjoy some Summer sewing while it is still pleasant.
I made these two dresses yesterday. I thought the seersucker would make a really nice light summer dress for Jalisa. When she tried it on though, it screamed nightie. *Sigh* I morphed a peasant top (Ottobre #16 from 1/07) with a dress (Ottobre #14 2/03). I was planned on adding shirring to the waist but will leave it like this for jammies.
The iceblock dress is Ottobre #14 (2/03) made up mostly to the pattern. I used an invisible zipper at the back and gathered the sleeves with shirring elastic rather than the narrow elastic. I also did not use bias to finish the rest of the sleeve - I just overlocked, folded down the seam allowance and topstitched.