Friday, July 07, 2006

Fun sewing

Yesterday I was challenging myself to do some sewing using scraps. I was making this awesome skirt (cord and leftover stretch poplin) but I had to much fabric to gather and being so thick (double fold casing) I couldn't get the elastic through that last inch. Then the nappy pin broke. Still I had used a new pleating technique for me in the hem band.

So I moved on to some hand embroidery...incorporating the Crafty mama's theme challenge for this month.

Then onto applique. I decided it looked like it should be an apron. I love applique and have decided doing words is fun...so look out for some other garments with words.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:04 am

    Hi Marie! I love your applique work...gorgoeus!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.