Jalisa wore one of her new Christmas outfits to a BBQ on the weekend, and I realised that in my attempt to keep it a secret from her, I never took any photos for the blog. Anyway, her she is wearing her "genie" pants and floral peasant top.
The top is made from a Robert Kaufman seersucker (from www.fashionablefabrics.com). The pants are made using Ottobre 2/2005 # 14. I used elastic at the bottom instead of the drawstrings. You actually can't see all the panels in the pants - each leg has four panels at the front and two at the back, with double topstitching along each seam. The length is a little long for "capri" pants but she should grow into them. Also, they are a little baggy for my skinny minnie -even though I used a size down for the width. Still, a very nice pattern and Jalisa actually said Wow, cool when she opened them up.
And I ahave finally done some sewing for the first time this year. I made 4 pairs of these shorts for Scott, two in the blue and two in a grey marle knit. Pattern is Ottobre 1/2007 #2 (leggings, but I cut them down to size). I have to say they are a perfect fit for over his cloth nappies, as you can see. They will be great for around the house - and I have something to add to my sewing journal - yay.