Thursday, January 17, 2008

Push it

Wayne was so excited drawing some applique pictures for me - all machinery so far. He was going for a cartoon rather than realistic type look. I like how it turned out - I hope it washes okay because I only used a short straight stitch around all the bits.
As you can see, I did the applique on a woven before sewing on to the ready made tee - I thought it would be way to tricky trying to sew all the little bits on the shirt. In the future I will go back to making my own shirts I think, at least if I am going to do anything other than a very basic one.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute Marie - I love the pic your DH drew, what a great little boy shirt you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK, so cute! Talk about a creative family, it's the 'quirky family threads' range! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He did a great job Marie - very cute and yes very cartoon like but I LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very cool Marie, I think it's a great strategy to put it all on a woven first. Well done to your Dh on designing it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.