Thursday, August 03, 2006

Yay!

I have received some great mail over the past few days. I traded a knitting needle roll for some cloth pads with Lisa from Crafty Mamas. Plus, Lisa generously sent me some soap after my bar went missing in the post. The soap, vanilla musk, made my sewing room smell divine and me smell even better. So yummy.

Today I receieved an email from Evelyn at Autumn Threads that I had won their latest competition. I thought the prize was an Olfa kit but it is that PLUS $20 to spend on thread. I am so grateful...I don't think I have ever won a competition so it feels pretty good. I think I may get some of the Maxi Lock/locks threads.

I drove down to a fabric store yesterday (a different one that I usually go to) and was tempted by many things. I was just going there to get a couple of basics...plain colours...to coordinate with fabrics I own. I think I need to take swatches, as there are so many colours of pinks, and oranges etc that I did not come home with a good match.

Good though, because I ran into the lady who I job shared with a couple of years ago (I haven't seen her for like 2 years because she took 6 months long service leave while I worked fulltime). She told me who is having babies, lost weight, bought houses, on overseas holidays,broken bones, put backs out etc, as well as how the kids are doing (ie who has put on weight, who has broken anyone else's bones etc). She is saying hello to one of my aides, as the other is overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks - I love receiving comments.